If you like beer, wine or fruity alcoholic drinks you’re in luck. The newest trend in advanced drinking is just for you. Emergen-C, the additive you add to water, is quickly becoming the additive of choice for those looking to avoid hangovers.
There has been a lot of press refuting the benefits of products like Emergen-C, but that doesn’t stop the fiteratti. They claim that adding the famed additive reduces the risk of a hangover and headaches.
And there may be some evidence that they aren’t crazy. Research shows that electrolytes and vitamins do help prevent the nasty morning hangover. So why not a pack of Emergen-C? It can’t hurt.
Popular methods are adding the elixir straight into the drink itself. But we found that it really dominates the taste of whatever you are adding it to…but if that is a fruity drink, it really amplifies the flavor!
The official Emergen-C website offers some good non-alcoholic recipes that are pretty good – you just have to add the vodka, rum, or gin. We tried the “Rock Your World Healthy Mocktail” and added some Pinnacle Vodka…and I must say, even with four packs of Emergen-C Raspberry, it was pretty good!
But did it prevent a hangover. We all say yes. Worked as described.
ROCK YOUR WORLD HEALTHY MOCKTAIL
- 4 packets of Emergen-C Raspberry vitamin drink mix
- 4 cups of orange juice (squeeze fresh oranges)
- 1 cup of raspberries (fresh if possible)
- 1 ½ cups of sparkling water
- Orange slices (and don’t just look at ‘em, eat ‘em!)
- Gin or vodka work well
Blend the orange juice and raspberries until smooth. Stir in sparkling water and Emergen-C Raspberry drink mix. Add ice. Garnish with orange slice.
- 1 packet of Emergen-C Dragon Fruit vitamin drink mix
- 1 dragon fruit
- 2 tangerines
- Juice of ½ lime
- A few leaves of fresh basil
- 1 cup of sparkling mineral water
- 1 cup of crushed ice
- Gin or vodka work well
Peel dragon fruit, then cut a few slices to set aside garnish. Blend the rest of the dragon fruit with other ingredients until smooth. Stir in crushed ice, pour into glasses, add garnish.
- 1 packet of Emergen-C Blue® vitamin drink mix
- 1 packet of Emergen-C Vitamin D & Calcium Mixed Berry vitamin drink mix
- 2 ounces of fresh pineapple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of coconut extract or juice
- 6 ounces of sparkling water
- Ice (crushed or cubed)
- Gin works best
Combine drink mixes, pineapple juice, coconut extract, and sparkling water. Stir. Add ice. Serve in a martini glass. Cheers!